Database Admin Lead
Who we are:
High-Tech Systems & Software develops an enterprise line of business applications that covers a broad range of platforms, technologies, and services. Our technical teams are on the lookout for new colleagues to join them in the quest of providing an efficient bridge between business needs and technical solutions and delivering software solutions that add value to our customers.
About the position:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as a Database Admin Senior Lead. As the senior lead, you will play a crucial role in migrating our on-premises MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL databases to the Azure cloud platform. Your expertise in database administration, cloud migration, and leadership skills will be vital in ensuring a seamless and successful transition while maintaining the efficiency, reliability, and security of our data infrastructure.
What are you going to do:
- Lead the migration of our on-premises MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL databases to Azure, including planning, design, and execution of the migration strategy for each platform.
- Oversee the implementation, configuration, and optimization of Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, and Azure Database for MySQL environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess the existing on-premises database infrastructure and define the requirements for the Azure migration for each platform.
- Design and implement the necessary infrastructure, including virtual networks, storage accounts, and security measures, to support the Azure database environments.
- Develop and implement migration plans for MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL databases, ensuring minimal downtime and data loss during the transition for each platform.
- Monitor and optimize the performance, scalability, and security of the Azure database environments.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery solutions for the migrated databases, ensuring data integrity and availability for each platform.
- Collaborate with the IT team and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to the Azure database environments.
- Develop and enforce database standards, policies, and procedures in the Azure environment, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for each platform.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in cloud-based database administration, specifically for MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL platforms, and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in database administration, with a minimum of [X] years of relevant work experience.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a track record of leading and mentoring a team of database administrators.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL, and hands-on experience with Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, and Azure Database for MySQL.
- Experience in planning and executing database migration projects from on-premises MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL databases to the Azure cloud platform.
- Solid understanding of Azure infrastructure components, including virtual networks, storage accounts, and security measures.
- Familiarity with backup and disaster recovery solutions in Azure for each platform.
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning and optimization techniques in Azure for each platform.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze and resolve complex database issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Relevant certifications, such as Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, are preferred.
What you could expect:
- Competitive salary and growth perspectives
- Motivated and international teams
- Mixt work system (home and office hours)
- Flexible working hours
- Additional annual vacation days (starting at 21 and going up to 24)
- Private health coverage
- Meal tickets
- Budget for annual professional training sessions