Infrastructure Senior Administrator
Who we are
High-Tech Systems & Software develops an enterprise line of business applications that covers a broad range of platforms, technologies, and services. Our technical teams are on the lookout for new colleagues to join them in the quest of providing an efficient bridge between business needs and technical solutions and delivering software solutions that add value to our customers.
What we want:
We are looking for an Infrastructure Senior Administrator to join our IT department. You’ll be responsible for managing our server and network infrastructures.
Senior System Administrator’s responsibilities include supervising our Operations team, monitoring system performance, and configuring new software and hardware. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
- Configure internal systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Supervise the Operations team.
- Upgrade the network infrastructure.
- Install servers, devices, and firewalls.
- Train new system users and set up their accounts.
- Monitor the performance of servers, software, and hardware.
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications.
- Update technical documentation.
- DC HW infrastructure platforms: Server systems, SAN, Storage systems.
- Virtualization platforms: VMware, Hyper-V, oVirt VMware preferred.
- Networking: VLAN, ISO/OSI model, TCP/IP principals, routing protocols, NAT, troubleshooting.
- Network Security: Key security principles, Network isolation, Firewalling, Proxy, and reverse proxy communications, Jump server access principles User VPN, and S2S VPN principles.
- Operating systems: Microsoft Server OS, management automation, Standardization, Scripting, Security hardening.
- Backup systems: immense product knowledge: EMC, HP, Veeam, … Principles: full/incremental backup, archive log DB backup, WAN acceleration Veeam preferred.
- Monitoring: Setting up tracking for technologies in admin responsibility Product knowledge: Nagios, Zabbix, Icinga or another open-source tool.
- Terminal Services: Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Certificates: Securing applications and communications using SSL and PKI infrastructure, managing internal CERT authority, self-signed certificates, Managing & Monitoring CERT lifecycle.
- DNS and domain management: DNS system, internal and internet DNS, TTL, HA, Secure DNS, Cloudflare-like services, Domain registration rules.
- Application architecture: Typical system architectures for applications and their implementation in infrastructure (FE, BE, Proxy, Balancing, DB, …).
- Databases: MS SQL DB, Open-source DB (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- Active Directory: AD Server, ADFS, Admin Tiering, SG principles and usage, MFA, AAD, M365.
- Cloud technologies: Azure or AWS fundamentals.
- Automation: Scripting, PowerShell, Ansible, or another automation framework.
- Containerization: AKS, K8S, or another framework.
What you could expect:
- Competitive salary and growth perspectives
- Motivated and international teams
- Flexible working hours
- Additional annual vacation days (starting at 21 and going up to 24)
- Private health coverage
- Meal tickets
- Budget for annual professional training sessions